The Barcelona was designed for a very nice high headroom clean sound to serve as a platform for guitarrists which prefer
to have most of the overdriven tones comming from pushing the front end with pedals.
A pair of 6CA's in the fixed bias class AB power amp deliver 40 watts of clean headroom.
A three position stand by switch can engage a low power mode with roughly 20 watts for a softer feel and tone.
The Gain, Bass, Treble and Volume controls work in an unconventional tone stack design which give
greater control over tone while the sound remains much cleaner.
The Pull Fat function on the gain control serves two purposes, for a fatter gainier tone as well as a bright function,
in the later case turn the gain down after pulled so the sound is as clean as when it was disengaged,
you will have extended dynamics with more bass and treble.
A three position Mid Selector lets you decide of a more traditional blackfaze, a tweedier or a 4x10" type of tone.
A few years back Reinhold made a custom amp for Wayne Krantz which somewhat served as templet for the Barcelona.
At that time he went through a bunch of old output transformers and this old Traynor had real nice qualities for clean type of tones,
so he worked on replicating these qualities for a new production transformer.
All international amplifiers features high quality components, custom wound transformers, aluminum chassis and
a unique black comet tolex with classic salt & pepper grill.
- Single channel Tube Amplifier
- 40 watt 2x6CA7 Class AB power amp
- 40 or 20 watt operation via 3 position Standby switch
- JJ ECC83s 1st and 2nd gain stage
- Chinese 12AX7B phase inverter
- Gain with pull fat switch
- Volume, Bass and Treble control
- 3 position midrange selector
- Single 8 ohm speaker out
- Power amp input
- Available as head or combo
- 1x12 combo Celestion V30 8 ohm
- Matching 1x12 speaker cabinet
- Vægt: Head 10,5 kg Combo 24 kg